Security Management For Dynamics AX
One of the great benefits of modern, enterprise-ready business systems is the design of their security and the tremendous flexibility with which users can be granted or denied access to almost anything within the application. That capability, however, can also present one of the systems' greatest manageability issues.
The need to construct and maintain adequate permissions cannot be overstated. Whether it be for regulatory compliance, to protect against willful fraudulent acts, or simply to avoid allowing an employee to do something which they have not been adequately trained for. Permissions management is not a "nice to have" feature; It is a must. And with perhaps millions of possible access control options to be evaluated in each system, it becomes critical to utilize tools that enable managers and administrators to evaluate security quickly, efficiently and reliably.
Arbela Technologies provides such a tool with Arbela Security Manager for Dynamics AX (ASM). ASM introduces a new administrative mode, called Security Manager, which provides visual indications and management of the security settings for every securable object on a form. ASM also enables easier User Group creation and management easing the testing and validation process of Dynamics AX security.
Additionally, ASM exposes every security key (including on objects accessed through methods) in a form viewable side-by-side with the form for which security is being set. With this powerful tool, authorized users can see the effective permissions status of any object and make any necessary changes WITHOUT EVER LEAVING THE FORM! The security group context (Domain and Group) is also selectable on-the-fly. The installation of this tool is quick and un-intrusive and makes no modification to the existing security code in Dynamics AX.
With Arbela Security Manager, IT managers and super users can quickly create and manage user group securities at the menu and form level. The benefits are:
- Quicker user group setting by viewing and copying from existing user groups.
Faster testing and validation without the need for test accounts.
Complete tracking and reporting capabilities for external and internal use.
Easy installation and use without affecting the core AX system.
- Demo videos and an overview of new features for Arbela Security Manage v4.0 are below.
- To download the screen shots of this product click here.
- Click here to learn more about the latest version Arbela Security Manager v4.0.
Demo Part 2
The New Features of Arbela Security Manager V4.0
• Visual and easy main menu authorization capability by Domain/User Groups
• Ability to create new User Groups visually, or by copying from an existing User Group.
• No need to simulate test users to validate changes made
• Pre-setting access for an entire form at once with a single click
• Visual field level authorization for quicker response
• Form access level report by Domain/User Group
• Visual display of the form field access level by Domain/User Group
• Visual display of the form table access level in available Domains/User Groups
• Visual display of all reports and their access level by Domain/User Group
• Ability to copy all, or a selection of User Groups from one Domain to a new or existing Domain
• User Group assignment to a Dynamics AX user
• Role-based User Groups streamline your security management by assigning User Groups to Roles for improved performance
• Five (5) new reports for internal/external audit purposes detailing all of your company’s security settings:
1. User, User Groups and Domain inquiries
2. List of all Domains/User Groups
3. Security Settings for User Group/Domain
4. User Group list and assigned users
5. User list and their assigned User Groups
• Comprehensive Security Change log tracking all the security access level changes made through out the history of the system (with ability to export to Excel)
• Extensive import and export capabilities for moving authorization between different environments and duplicating User Groups
• Permissions comparison allows easy analysis of various User Groups within various Domains
• Virtual visibility of a specific user’s security access directly from a main menu form
• Color coding of forms, fields, and buttons – Set your own coloring scheme or use Arbela’s preset coloring scheme
• View access from a particular field/table on a form for all User Groups with a click of a button
• Easily enable/exclude certain forms from security management